Saturday, August 2, 2014

Leader & Ender blocks continued ...

Last night was the first Friday of the month .. so I thought I would join the ladies over at 


It was my first night with the ladies there and I did manage to get some sewing done ... and what I did was to my amazment a fabulous nights work ... 

now some time ago ... like back in May of 2012 I had started a few blocks of some leader and ender bits that I had been sewing together as I went ... there are some pics HERE to show the progess at that point ... 

well over the past couple of years I have managed to put all those 2 and 4 inch patches into 80 x 8 inch blocks and those into 20 x 16 inch blocks and last night I sewed them altogether into a quilt top that now measures 64 x 80 inches ... I had planned on a smaller quilt in the beginning but this is a great size ...  

It is the first scrappy quilt I have made too ... and I love it ... 




I have more 8 inch blocks made waiting to be put together into larger blocks too ... I wonder how many more years they will sit before I put them together ... 

Thanks for a great and productive night Cheryll ... see you next month ... 


4 comments:

  1. Wow! You certainly got a lot achieved...looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt Bobbie.. I love scrappy quilts .... lots of little pieces there...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. you certainly did achieve something fabulous.....great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW... love the idea of ''leaders and enders''... started it ages ago and stopped........... Why! I have no idea... love yours xxx

    ReplyDelete