Sunday, June 2, 2013

Last Friday night ...


Last Friday night I had a long night cutting and sewing and ironing ... it was a great night .. I would have posted all this sooner but I have had Internet connection issues .. One day the teleco's may give the country folk what the city folk have .. but that is not going to happen soon .. so we just grin and bear it ... 

 I am still having a few hic-cups with it today and hopefully I will get this entry done and posted before it becomes 'old news'

I actually wrote this yesterday, Saturday ... 


Anyhow as many of you know there is a website that does a FNSI (Friday Night Sew-In) where you go in and sign up to play ... and then you do a blog post about your nights stitching and link to her site ... but the only problem I have with it is ... it is the 3rd Friday of the month and I don't always remember it .... So I want to try to make every Friday night a sew-in night at my place that way I may remember to join in the fun on Heidi's site as well ..

Living here in the bus at the kids place certainly does have its advantages ... I don't have to cook for us ... therefore .... I don't waste precious time feeding hubby when I want to sew ... at dinner time I just go over to the house ... strap on the feed bag ... and when done .. leave .. oh .. I do help load the dishwasher if I can get into the kitchen .... Most days I shower early in the afternoon .. about 3:30 when Katie is off picking up the boys from school ... so on the nights I want to sew I shower then I go over to the bus and set up for the night ... all my tubs of fabric are currently on the veranda of the house .. so I have to go digging for what I need for the night in the afternoon .. or I end up .. like I did last Friday night at 11 o'clock creeping around in the dark with a torch finding my applique interfacing .. haha ..


I made a couple of mug rugs .. from a swap that I didn't get into .. the theme was ... when I was young ... I had bought some Dick and Dora fabric off eBay but it did not arrive in time for the swap ... and I sooo wanted to make these ... cos I just loved those readers when I was in my early years of school ... now the kids would laugh at them ... too corny for them .. haha ..






Anyway ... I got 2 finished and one almost done ...



I was having a problem finding the 'right' fabric for the binding .... but located some this afternoon .. so the last one should be finished off soon .. and then these will go into the little box I have .. for giving away later ...







I also finished off a pot mit ... and have another one that just needs the binding put on







oh ... and I have another 4 waiting to be quilted .. they are sandwiched but waiting .. I like this one ... will be very handy in the kitchen me thinks ... 




I have a baby quilt I started a while back .. I did a bit of blanket stitching around the applique parts .. well I tried to .. not sure if it was the fabric or the machine but it would not play nice at all .. so I got the interfacing and spent a heap of time cutting and iron that on to the back of the top ... hopefully that will help and I can get this little cutie finished off ... I have no one to give it to as it is pink ... but I am sure someone someday will have a pink baby that I can pass it along to .. hopefully it won't be a great grand baby just yet ....







I think that is all that I have been playing with ... I am pleased with what I have done so far ...



Let’s see what this coming month will produce .... Hopefully more blog posts than last month ... haha ..





And my little Bingo seems to rather enjoy this bus life too ... she is making the most of being allowed inside thru the day ... cos it is raining today ...








Did I mention how much I love my DIL for looking after us so well ... 
both her and my boy are very special to me ...





2 comments:

  1. Easiest to have every Friday a sew in but there is an Ausi one too if you would like to link up...
    http://stitchingcubbyhole.blogspot.com.au/p/friday-night-with-friends.html
    you may already know it of course.
    I love your mug rugz - such fun fabrics... and a really cute baby quilt and pot mit... you are keeping yourself busy there...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. such lovely work Bobbie.xx

    ReplyDelete