Monday, March 19, 2012

YAY ... I have started ....

At last I have started on our next grandson's quilt ... Ricky will be turning 18 late next month ... I have had the fabric for at least 5 years ... he told me long ago that he wanted a quilt with cars on it .... so ... cars he is getting ... 

This is a close up of one of the cars that I have put to a block ... 


And ... this is the block .. I have only made one so far ... but I am guessing this quilt is going to get rather 'loud' ... 


On point the block is close to 18 1/2 inches finished .. I need 18 of them to complete the quilt ..
 Everything is cut out ... now to put all these bits of fabric back together ..  .. It is going to look smashing when it is done ... 




I spent my weekend catching up on some block swaps ... 

this one is for Debbie Mac in Canada ... 




this one is for Brenda D in Washington ... 



and here are some "lotto" blocks for a couple of internet groups I am with ... 





I will be back a little bit later with some more photos of  Ricky's quilt as it progresses ... 

I do trust everyone is having an exceptional day ... 




4 comments:

  1. WOW! Bobbie that is going to be Loud.
    Vrrooommm! Vrrooommm! I am sure he is going to enjoy his very own quilt, made with love. You certainly have been very busy love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That block is awesome! I am sure he is going to love it! I can't wait to see more of the blocks put together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a car person but I bet that I will love that car quilt. That block is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are having a very blocky time at the moment!!! love the cars on point... and lots of lovely other blocks....
    Hope you are keeping very well!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete