Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hmmmm .........

Well it would appear I really am not very good at keeping things rolling here ... haha ... I guess I just get caught up in other things happening around home that I totally forget what I say I am going to do ... (well that is my excuse this time ..... )

I have been sewing ... doing little bits and pieces of things ... nothing major .... but hopefully today I will get back to the baby quilt I am doing for my niece ... hopefully ...

I had a visit from another of my nieces yesterday ... She is getting married in October and I am making her a ring cushion .... but as her mum is out of town she asked if I would go to the florist with her to get a quote on flowers for her day .... and oh my  .. how expensive is that ... really really expensive ... she is having fresh roses ... everything is fresh .... not my personal choice ... but ... it is not my day ... and this little lady knows just what she wants .... and is going to have it come hell or high water ... she is having what she wants ... and good for her ...

Tomorrow we are going to her second florist to get a quote from them too ... then she will chose which place she will get to do it ... but off the top of my head and without even knowing where we are going tomorrow I do think she will choose the one we visited yesterday .... the lady was very professional and has a few contacts around town who can provide her with some other bits and bobs that the bride was interested in ... so ... I think she has the job ...

Today I have the machine out again ... I want to do some sewing ... but my lower back is really giving me a hard time at the moment ... and pain killers are not doing too much to help .... it has been hurting since last Thursday and if it does not fix itself up soon I will have to make a trip to see the doctor ..... but I still have a bit of time before I go doing that ...

I have a lovely chicken sandwich sitting here next to me that my darling hubby just made me ... he really is a sweetie ... so I am going to sign off now and have some lunch ..

Hopefully I will be back soon ... with some completed sewing to show off ...

1 comment: